MTN Fixed LTE Setup Guides
Kindly note that MTN Fixed LTE Sim Card will lock onto the closest tower and will not work if the device is moved to a new location that falls under a different tower. You may request a move of your device once per year by calling us on 087 700 5264.
MTN has decided that only the following 4 CAT 6 devices will be allowed on their network:
- Huawei B525
- Huawei B618
- Huawei B612
- ZTE MF286
GreyTech accepts no responsibility should you attempt to make use of an alternative device and the connection fails.
For Huawei B525 / B618 / B612, please follow the following steps to get connected:
- Inset the MTN LTE SIM Card into the router. Ensure that the SIM card is the correct size and facing the correct direction.
- Switch on the router, waiting 10 minutes before restarting it again to begin the provisioning process.
- After restarting, connect the laptop/PC via the LAN connection or via WiFi. The WiFi name and password should be on a sticker on the underside of the router.
- Once the Laptop or PC is connected, open a web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge etc) and go to the following web address by typing 192.168.8.1 in the web address bar (NOT the search bar).
- Select the settings tab on the top menu. It will prompt you for the username and password, which should both be: Username: admin – Password: admin
- Once in the settings page, on the left hand menu, select “dial up” and under the drop down that shows, select “profile management”.
- Select new profile and under name type in greytech, under APN type in ws.yourfixedlte.fwa
- select save
- Make sure the profile is selected from the drop down menu and click apply.
- Please restart the device again
- Connect to the internet.
- If your connection fails, attempt steps 10 & 11 periodically over the next 24 hours.
- If still not connected after 24 hours, please check our status page for network related issues or contact us on WhatsApp or Telephone on 087 700 5264.
- Connect to your router directly via LAN cable or WiFi.
- Open your Internet Browser and navigate to 192.168.0.1
- Login to the router, default username should be admin and the default password should be admin.
- In the router home interface, under “2 My Router” select “LTE /UMTS Settings”
5. Select APN
6. The mode is set to Auto as the ZTE is configured to Auto-Configure, however, if you wish to change it, set the mode to “Manual”
7. Click the Add New button
8. PDP Type must be IPv4
9. Profile Name: GreyTech
10. APN: ws.yourfixedlte.fwa
11. Authentication: NONE
12. Leave the username and Password Fields blank
13. Press the Set as Default button.
14. Restart your router
15. Go back to 192.168.0.1 and login with admin as the username and admin as the password.
16. Under “2 My router” toggle the “off” switch to on.
17. If you do not connect, please attempt steps 14, 15 and 16 again periodically over the next 24 hours.
16. If after 24 hours you still do not connect, please check our network status page for network related issues, or contact us via WhatsApp or Telephone on 087 700 5264.